Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Goodbye Chemo!! Hello Radiation!!



I just wanted to post a little update about my mom. She started Chemo in November, from what info she shared with us she seemed to have handled it pretty well. She started loosing her hair and decided to shave it the week of Christmas, I think that was pretty hard for her. I was with her the day that she had it shaved and Katelyn kept asking her to take of her wig so she could see that her hair was gone, my mom wasn't quit ready for that, I felt really bad. But since has gotten use to it enough to take a bald picture with my little bro Scott who chooses to shave his head.
She had her last chemo treatment about 2 weeks ago and meets with the Dr's this week to check everything out and get ready for radiation. If I remember right she will receive radiation for 6-8 weeks and hopefully be done for good. All of the treatments have seemed to go by pretty fast, my mom has been really strong with everything (or she has a great poker face!). Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and support!

2 comments:

MEvans said...

I'm so glad things are going well! We wish her the best!

Christina Updike said...

Your mom is a trooper! I certainly look up to her! My thoughts are with her and your sweet family!