Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our Copycat!

Every day Riley comes home from school with a new book to read that night for his "reading group" homework. He reads the book to us and then our job is to sign a paper that tells the teacher that he read the book, if he doesn't return the paper with parent signature on it then he has to stay in from first recess and read the book. So last night I was on my own, Eric was at work, and oops I forgot to sign his paper before I went to bed! Riley noticed that is wasn't signed when he was handing it in. He didn't want to stay in from recess because he knew he had read the book, so he decided to sign Erics name for him, hoping it would fool his teacher. Well it worked (notice the smiley face) he was very happy to tell us that he went to first recess. The top signature is really Erics, the second one is Rileys... He told us tonight after he was done reading, so we wouldn't get mad when we noticed what he had done. Riley said that he chose Erics signature because mine was too hard, he knew that he could copy Erics! Though he is right... anyone could forge Erics name. The ironic thing about it is the name of the book he read that night was The Copycat! We better watch out, or he is going to be writting his own excuse notes for skipping school by the fourth grade!

3 comments:

Mel said...

That is hilarious!

Suzie said...

I love it! Kat has done that before and even though it is not right it is still so funny. After she did it the first time I remember saying to her a few times after just sign my name, then I thought I better not get her in that habbit. I know I have done it more than once with my mom, her knowing of coarse. I have to say good thinking Riley, your dads name does look much easier. You better keep your checkbook hidden.

Kasia said...

wow you updated your blog! I almost stopped checking :)

ok this is so funny, I don't think I started to sign my parent's names until high school!